Sunday, June 1, 2008

fernet flip

2 parts Fernet-Branca
1 part simple syrup
egg
Fee's Whiskey Barrel-Aged Bitters

Ooooh: yummy! This could be a gentle introduction to Fernet to a virgin, provided they are not freaked out about the presence of a raw egg: it's all flip-confection goodness, with the Fernet nose-tickle hanging out just above the surface of the liquid. I tried to get my companion to try a sip, but he is a wine snob who was on his 12th-or-so glass of Champagne of the day and has a thing about mixing alcohol. He did pay my tab, so I forgave him.

Kit @ES made this for me on the recommendation of Ben @no. 9, who was also at the bar with Misty @Green Street. I love the cross-pollination and clear kinship amongst the awesome bartenders we're blessed with in this city!

No comments: