Wednesday, August 13, 2008

h. g. wells

1 3/4 oz W. L. Weller's Special Reserve Bourbon
1/2 oz Dry Vermouth
1/4 oz Ricard Pastis

Stirred with ice and strained into a cocktail glass. Garnished with a long lemon peel curl. Proportions from CocktailDB with alcohol choice from the Green Street menu.

Last night, Andrea and I ended up getting a drink at Green Street and I selected this drink off of their big cocktail menu for Andy to make for me. The first obvious tasting note is that this is a rather dry cocktail, which is coming from a drinker who shies away from many sweet cocktails. The more I drank of it, the more the flavors were similar to some of cocktails I have had with the malty Oude Genever style gin rather than with bourbon.

I was intrigued to find the recipe on CocktaiDB and elsewhere not mentioning Weller Bourbon since the name connection was so perfect. Also in my searches, I found a good H. G. Wells quote to give you something to ponder while drinking after a tough day, "The crisis of today is the joke of tomorrow." Cheers.

No comments: