Wednesday, July 29, 2009

creole

1 1/2 oz Old Overholt Rye
1 1/2 oz Martini & Rossi Sweet Vermouth
1/4 oz Benedictine
1/4 oz Punt e Mes

Stir with ice and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a lemon twist.

Last Wednesday, Andrea and I went down to Green Street in Central Square, Cambridge. Even though we were given the long cocktail list, I ended up choosing the Creole off of their short cocktail list for my first drink. The drink that Emily made me was one of the many Creole cocktail recipes out there. This recipe, often referred to as Creole No. 2, was supposed to use Amer Picon but in its absence, Green Street substituted the part vermouth-part amari Punt e Mes. I enjoyed this drink for it was a rather vermouthy Manhattan with some complex notes from the Benedictine appearing at the end of the swallow. As the drink warmed up, the Punt e Mes' botanicals stood out more in the drink.

No comments: