Monday, December 5, 2011

boston bog

1 1/2 oz Vodka Beefeater Gin
1/2 oz Plymouth Sloe Gin
1 1/2 oz Cranberry Juice
1/4 oz Ginger Syrup

Shake with ice and strain into a rocks glass filled with chipped ice. Garnish with 4 fresh cranberries and add straws.
Two Fridays ago, Andrea and I went to Stoddard's Fine Food & Ale for drinks. For my first libation, I asked bartender Tony Iamunno for the Boston Bog off of the menu. Instead of the vodka base, I requested gin for I felt that it would work well with the sloe gin and ginger syrup flavors. The gin paid dividends in the nose where it contributed a great botanical note, and this led into a fruit-driven sip with flavors from the sloe gin and cranberry juice. The swallow possessed gin notes with a lingering ginger aftertaste. As the ice melted, the tartness of the cranberry juice started to come through along with a greater juniper signature from the gin.

No comments: