Monday, April 15, 2013

suze-e-q

3/4 oz Suze Gentiane Liqueur
3/4 oz Lazzaroni Amaretto
1/2 oz Lemon Juice
1/2 oz Orange Juice

Shake with ice and pour into a rocks glass. Top with 2-3 oz of Harpoon IPA beer. Garnish with an orange slice and add a straw.

For dinner two Monday's ago, Andrea and I went to Trina's Starlite Lounge and found seats at the bar. There, I requested the Suze-E-Q from bartender Jay Bellao. Jay described this Beau Sturm original as being similar in feel to the Word to Your Mom beer cocktail they put on the menu two years ago.
trina's starlite lounge beer cocktail
The Suze-E-Q provided an amaretto and orange aroma that seemed to possess an almost cherry-like note. A carbonated lemon, orange, and malt sip gave way to an almondy, gentian, and hops-laden swallow. While the sip was a tad on the sweet side for me, the Suze's gentian and the beer's hops helped to dry things out on the swallow.

3 comments:

Dagreb said...

"I like the way you walk, I like the way you talk..."

frederic said...

Song always reminds me of the scene from Apocalypse Now...

Dagreb said...

"Better run through the jungle."