Sunday, July 31, 2016

goodbye horses

1 1/2 oz Quebranta Pisco
3/4 oz Manzanilla Sherry
1/2 oz Honey Syrup
1/4 oz Gran Classico
1/4 oz Lemon Juice
2 dash Suze Bitters (*)

Stir with ice, strain into a coupe glass, and garnish with an orange twist.
(*) Perhaps substitute 1/4 oz of Suze or other gentian liqueur

While exiting the Cure, I bumped into Simon Difford who was waiting for his Uber to show up, and he invited me to go back to the Quarter to visit the new pisco-themed bar at the Catahoula Hotel. I had heard of that bar as it was being developed when I met Bazil Zerinsky who was on my trip to Mexico in February. And that night, both she and bartender Jonathan Shock were at the stick. For a drink, I asked Bazil for the Goodbye Horses which turned out to be Jonathan's creation.
The Goodbye Horses shared an orange and gentian aroma that led into a honey, orange, and white grape sip. Next, the swallow presented pisco flavors along with herbal notes mostly from the Gran Classico including its bubble gum aspect.

No comments: